Friday, September 25, 2009

Prayer




Another one of my pics. this was a panorama. 3 shots and edited.
Prayer.
Something that we don't do enough, yet it's so powerful.
I pray before I eat, sometimes just in my head, and right before I sleep.
Today at church we prayed for those friends we have that don't know Jesus Christ.
My pastor told me a story about his old pastor. That he prayed for his non Christian father everyday for like 20 years or something long like that. And finally on his death bed he became a Christian. How cool is that? It doesn't matter how long you've been one, or how many good deeds you did, or if you've read the bible or not, etc etc. All that matters, all that it really comes down to is believing that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. And once that's been established, you automatically go to heaven. key word there is BELIEVE and not say you believe. two totally different things.
Every night, before I go to bed. I pray a prayer. And there's ALWAYS two things i pray for. One is my friend who died last month, I pray that God heals their hearts and minds. Spiritually, mentally, physically. And that God my bless them and keep them going strong as one family and as followers of Christ. My second one is for my non believing friend. She's not bad or anything. But I love her, and because I love her I truly want her to be saved. I want to be in heaven up there with her. So I ask God to reveal himself to her. That somehow God introduces himself into her life. That she may change and the people around her change. That she get to know God and Jesus and that she live by faith knowing that there's always someone there no matter the circumstance.
that's what this friday's worship was about. I honestly think God answers prayers. and I think it's working. I think she's changing little by little for the better. so praise God.
tomorrow I practice for em worship team. gotta sing "with everything" killer on my voice -.- but i think i can do it.
in other news, i gotta murdered on my first art critique T.T i did a bajillion things wrong. at least i have a week after i get it back to redo it for a better grade. I WILL tear that class up! no matter how hard it is.
also, i went to my colleges major fair today. Mainly because it's required by my first year experience class but thank God i went. because i found out that i could start my working on my major by next quarter which starts in january. how cool is that? most schools start major classes in junior year at earliest but i can start working on photography already. noiceeee. im thinking about minoring in graphic design. but i feel that might murder me if i try 2 studio art subjects. that reminds me i gotta take japanese through the ARCHE program and i have to email my advisor about that -.-
tonight i couldnt play bball. for some reason all these people from another church came to ours and played. i HATE that. they have a better court than us yet they come to ours all the time. and they play so competitively. they cant just play for the fun of it. and because of that the younger kids cant or dont want to play. we just couldnt find the time to play because there were so many people and the games were so long. honestly people go back to your own church, stop coming to ours just to play bball. that's so wrong.
i feel like i dont do you guys justice just writing about Christian stuff haha. so i try to write about other stuff too. hmm....
there's this one girl im friends with who ive been wondering a lot about lately. no i dont like her. but i question whether she really is who she is. ive heard things about her. and i know that a few years ago she was really arrogant and mean to everyone except her little flower power group. now she's different but i feel like around school or other friends she's different. ive heard that she really knows ways to get a guy interested in her with her flirty attitude and apparently she's done some "things." her friends are really really bad as in drugs, drinking, sex. everyone knows your friends make who you are, and if they dont, then they make your image or reputation. so lose lose either way. I'm not judging her, but i dont want to be friends with someone who isnt who they are you know? it's a waste of time, feelings, etc.
ill come unashamed. ill represent you Christ. even if they laugh, even if they curse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment