A lot of thoughts have been going through my head lately.
good and bad.
I've been thinking aboutt the possibility of transferring schools to new york university. They have the largest photo school in the world and they'll probably have extra classes that I want to take like theology and japanese. I'll apply there this summer and see how it goes.
Church has been ... normal?
I can't say much about it. it doesn't seem like there's nothing new about church itself.
But I've been doing better with God personally. Instead of trying to do things on my own I'm trying to depend more on the power of the Holy Spirit because without it, I'm just too weak. I can't convert anyone, I can't raise up a praise team, I can't fight off the temptations of the world without God's Spirit that dwells within me.
But I'll say I wish modern day Christians were more serious about God. It seems like everyone who calls themself a Christian has such a lackadaisical view on God. "I sinned, oh no big deal, He'll forgive me." "I should read my Bible, but this school stuff and my personal time come first." etc etc. Jesus told us to take up the cross and follow Him. He didn't die and resurrect to follow us. People always ask me, "why do you only listen to worship music? secular music isn't all bad." True it's not all bad, but according to what standards? Obviously the world's. And we aren't suppose to conform to this world. Even a song about feel-good clean love has some negativity in it. Doesn't it imply that everyone should have someone or there's a need for people to HAVE to be in a relationship at all times? If we are to follow after Jesus, then we're suppose to be everything like Him. Jesus didn't listen to secular music did he? Just the other day I saw on facebook a "Christian" having a curse word and God in the same sentence. How can you believe in God and think it's absolutely okay to curse? So what if it's not aimed at God? So many times in the Bible it condemns evil words/cursing/things of the nature. I wonder how many of us "Christians" actually read the Bible and know God? Not know about God, but know God. His heart, His desires, what hurts Him, what He loves, His will and thoughts. Like praise team, I wonder how many of the praise team members actually know that the lyrics they're singing are directly from the Bible about 90% of the time? I'm willing to bet 9/10 of them don't even realize it even though they have the crucial role of leading worship and some of them have been praise leaders for so long.
God is serious about us. Enough to give His only son, the exact meaning of perfection, to die on the cross for us. Why can't we be serious for Him? Where do we draw that line? Each day we're suppose to live upon new faith. We aren't suppose to get "used to God" or have "enough" of Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment