I need to keep reading the Bible. I always do when i do my quiet times but usually sporadically and not one book to the next. Lately though, I've been reading parts of the new testament and for the remaining time ill go back and read the old testament. that way i can still be interested in reading and not fall back on finishing the Bible. Because im not gonna lie, the old testament is sorta boring haha. not because God is boring or anything but it's extrememly repetitive and long. there are parts where it's like "and peter had a son named john, whose father was eli, whose brother had a son named david, who lived for 100 years." or something like that lol. it's hard for me to read those parts.
but today i continued to read Numbers, and here some things I learned/realized from this qt
-God is scary. He got angry because the Israelites complained about eating the same stuff everyday, so he gave them meat, but so much meat it'd last for a whole month and they'd be sick of it. not only that, he put plague on them for complaining. also he made Mariam have skin disease because she was talking bad about Moses and how God only directly talks to him.
-We are lucky that God is not the same as God in the old testament. In the old testament he was strict! He killed people, he made them do all this stuff, etc. of course he only did bad things when the people sinned, and he made them do all that stuff because he's God and it's all for his glory. it's by his grace that we can live the way we do these days. so THANK HIM! BECAUSE YOU DONT DESERVE NOTHIN. lol
-i did not know that Moses was the humblest person on earth. thought that was pretty darn cool.
in other news...
I GOT A GUITAR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
a breedlove solo c350

it sounds heavenly. I hope God will increase my skills for his glory.
one day i'd actually like to lead praise and form my own praise team. donno if that'll ever happen tho. im already in college :/
Glory to God
cheers

No comments:
Post a Comment